Cabbage is Known to Reduce the Risk of Cancers, Health Benefits of Cabbage
• Cabbage, is known to reduce the risk of a number of cancers, especially lung, colon, breast, ovarian stomach and bladder cancer.
• Cabbage is a muscle builder, blood cleanser and eye strengthener.
• The juice of fresh raw cabbage has been proven to heal stomach ulcer.
• Cabbage provides high levels of iron and sulphur, minerals that work in part as cleansing agents for the digestive system.
• Juice of fresh cabbage is effective in treating fungus infection(due to it sulfur content).
•Cabbage boosts the immune system’s ability to produce more antibodies.
• Cabbage can lower serum cholesterol.
• Red Cabbage has more phytonutrients than the green cabbage. The vitamin C content of red cabbage is 6-8 times higher than that of the green cabbage.
• Cabbage is a rich source of tartronic acid. This acid converts excess sugar and fat in human body. In a way it controls carbohydrates and fat. Thus, it becomes the best slimming agent. Weight loss, thus, becomes yet another health benefit of cabbage.
Cabbage is also a very good source of dietary fiber, manganese, vitaminB6 and folate, and a good source of thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, potassium, Vitamin A, tryptophan, protein and magnesium.